Tuesday 5 April 2011

SYF 2011

Bishan Park Symphonic Band, we did it once again!

Bishan Park Symphonic Band SYF 2011





SILVER MEDAL!


Well it has been a long and fruitful journey towards this medal. 

Firstly, well done to the Band upon being awarded Silver Medal! I believe that every single one of you in the band has put in their 101% in the actual day itself, your leaders are aware of that, Mr Samuel, instructors and of course the teachers as well. Your efforts have not been gone unnoticed, and I just want to affirm you guys on that. 

Today, several of us met at J8 for the release of results at 5.45PM. I never felt this way before, but I'm really contented that all of you there were really concerned about it. Also, to those who were unable to make it there, I'm sure you were equally as nervous. After the results were released, although just a short SMS, it triggered our emotions in numerous ways. We all felt a cacophony and rush of mixed emotions, unsure whether to feel happy or sad. 
Well I personally feel that the situation after it was handled like a boss! Haha, the short de-brief and all, it was very well handled.  The gold chocolate that we had in our hands, i feel that it was a much more meaningful 'gold' than the medal itself! 

Now, here's a post from your sec 4 senior, Afiq: 

Dearest BPS Band, we are once again a silver band! Yes, I understand that some of you might be pulled down a little, expecting to have done better. But as you can see, the amount of practices that we claimed to have been tiring (even me), still got us a silver. Getting a gold ain't easy, but being a performer, we must improve from each and every concert. 
The attitude of having confidence must be there, especially when performing. For most of you, this is your first time, so you guys should turn that frown upside down. I'm happy to say that this has been a memorable experience from me. Thank you BPS Band. This ain't the end, and it will never be. Lets continue making history!
(end)
--------------------------------
Thus, I salute every band member in BPS BAND, the thing I'll never regret, is joining BAND and making music with such awesome band mates. OK THIS MAY SOUND MUSHY AND ALL.. and I have never said this to you guys before, well, I love you guys, you all are a really awesome group of people! Hope this experience will follow you through your lifetime.

I hope Speech Day would be a blast, that's really the FINAL prac for the seniors i guess. Well, till the next time I see you all, very well done, BPS BAND! :D 


From your Band Major :D

No comments:

Post a Comment